Makes about 17 medium (3 inch) patties
Just under 2 lbs of white fish (flounder, cod, swai, tilapia)
1 small onion- chopped
1 C celery root-shredded
4 garlic cloves
¾ C blanched almond flour
½ C fresh dill
½ t real salt & pepper
2 pinches of cayenne pepper
Animal fat for frying (we used tallow/butter)
- Grill or bake S&P’d white fish until moist and flaky.
- Sauté celery root and onion for 5 minutes on medium.
- Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In food processor combine eggs, almond flour, garlic, ½ t salt, dill and cayenne pepper.
- Add cooked fish pieces and sautéed veggies to food processor pulse until just blended.
- Form into medium patties.
- Sauté patties in fat for 2-3 minutes a side over medium heat, until golden brown.
- Place on a plate with a paper towel to absorb excess fat.
- Spoon with (optional) sauce below. Serve and enjoy!
Creamy Dill Sauce:
1 C homemade sour cream
¼ C yogurt
Large handful of dill
¼ t salt + pepper
Juice of ½ lemon
- Blend ingredients in food processor. Be sure not to over blend it or it will turn into butter!
This is a fun way to experience ‘crab cakes’ without the expense. An inexpensive seafood dish that is delightfully tasty just can’t go wrong!
Freeze for a quick meal or a protein on the go, they are so well formed and not greasy you could eat them in the car! They are so yummy your kids will be begging you for more. Mine were ;o)