This is our new easy grain-free way to eat pizza! I have been making a grain-free pizza crust, but this is another surprisingly tasty way to eat MORE PIZZA, without needing to use almond/coconut flour. The prep is easy and they go FAST, let me tell you. You WILL be surprised how much they will hit the spot! (…my family’s authentic homemade sauce recipe to come!)
- 1 Butternut squash
- Homemade tomato sauce (approx 1 cup)
- Cheese of your liking (we use smoked gouda and goat chedder)
- Basil/parsley (fresh if you have it!)
- Sea salt
- Slice it across the middle to make perfect circles about ½ inch thick. (Be sure to pick out a large squash so your circles are a good size)
- Put coconut oil on cookies sheet and line up circles. Brush with more oil, sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until tender (your nail will make an indent).
- Put small amount of sauce on each circle.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle with basil/parsley.
- Put under broiler for a few minutes until melted and slightly golden.
A large squash will make approximately 20 small pizzas. Enjoy ‘pizza’ completely guilt-free!