This is best served cold and as a side dish with meat (like these yummy fish sticks). It’s slightly sweet and very crunchy. Bacon would be a great addition, but I haven’t gotten my hands on sugar-free bacon yet, and the pork belly sitting in my freezer that I need to cure to make bacon, is getting ignored hard-core.
- 1 large bunch of broccoli-steamed lightly (keep broccoli al dente) and chilled in fridge
- ½ C sunflower seeds
- ½ C raisins/cranberries
- 1-2 shredded carrots
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 4 T raw honey
- 1 t salt
- 2 green onions – chopped finely
- ¼ C mayo-homemade preferably
- 3 T unrefined sunflower seed oil (or other mild oil)
- Whisk dressing together until thickened a bit.
- Pour over chilled broccoli.
- Combine seeds, raisins and carrots and mix well.