We LOVE Thai food. Definitely a novice at cooking it, but wanting to explore deeper into this delectable cuisine!
Tonight I made a quick and easy dinner. Tossed salad….. Thai Style. It’s savory and sweet, and filling enough to be a dinner meal. Involved sauces/dressings are usually a turn-off to me, but if that’s the bulk of what you have to prepare for the meal, no big deal.
Here it goes:
Salad (enough for 4 people), any combination of spring mix, romaine or green/red lettuces
- 1/2 can canned coconut milk
- 1/2 C natural peanut butter
- 2 T sesame oil
- 1/2-1 lime (juiced)
- 1-2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger (grated)
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1 T raw honey
Toppings (choose some or all):
- 1 lb ground beef/sausage
- orange/clementine (sliced)
- 1/4 sesame seeds/sliced almonds (toasted)
- zucchini strips (sliced long and sautéed for 3 minutes)
- green onion
- Combine items for dressing and whisk well. The longer it sits the more the flavors will meld together.
- Chop salad, add a cucumber, green pepper and 3 grated carrots.
- Cook meat (please S&P!) until browned, add dressing until meat is covered (approx 1/4 cup), warm through.
- Assemble salad and drizzle with dressing until moist and yummy!
Camden enjoying Thai food for the first time! Please excuse the girl bib….such is life for a third child.